Re: Re: Re: Playing new CC at School

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt G on March 12, 2002 at 11:59:13:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Playing new CC at School posted by PFFT on March 12, 2002 at 11:14:31:

The only real problem is if the student is entirely deficient at playing the CC tuba. If the director is noticing a distinctive lapse of competency from the tuba section, he/she will automatically blame the new horn for the problems and not the players lack of preparation. An understanding director should allow a couple of weeks for adjustment, but if there is a crucial function coming up, the director may not be as understanding. I think that the player should play what he/she plays best in the classroom, and if the current situation is BBb tuba, then they should practice the CC until it is up to par or close to it to bring into the classroom. With the public education situation, the player not playing correct notes and whatever else may occur, the tuba will become an issue in the class and be a detriment to the ensemble. I took the CC into rehearsals only when I was completely ready to play every note correctly, because a rehearsal is not the individuals time to practice, it is for the ensemble.

Just my opinion.

Matt G

Follow Ups: