Re: Re: Tuba Mouthpieces?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Klaus on March 13, 2002 at 20:37:22:

In Reply to: Re: Tuba Mouthpieces? posted by Dan...additional ? on March 13, 2002 at 18:44:51:

This new DW 0AL has catched my interest, as I have one of the older ones, which found good on a .547 trombone and for high range playing on euph. However I found too limiting on bass bone and for all-round euph playing.

I have not been able to find the new DW 0AL documented on the net. The closest hint has been

where 3 sizes of boosters are listed at the bottom of the page in a not too precise nomenclature.

Can you provide links to documentation of the new 0AL?

I have long thought, that DW had run into a dead end road, when it came to model numbers, only leaving negative numbers or multiple zeros for the situation if he wanted to issue a full size bassbone mouthpiece.

For me the 9BS, 7CS, 4BS, 4AY, and 4AL have done good service on alto- and tenor bones plus baritones. I like the sound, the rims, and the overall feel. So I missed a really large member of that model line.

Fortunately I found the right DW bass bone/euph, that DW himself never made. It is called the Douglas Yeo signature model, and it is provided by Yamaha. The first Yamaha mouthpiece I ever found useful.

Klaus

Follow Ups: