Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: gronitz PCK inquiry

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by dw on March 13, 2002 at 23:21:08:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: gronitz PCK inquiry posted by Klaus on March 13, 2002 at 22:42:20:

The person referred to with the mouthpieces has 2 of the aforementioned tubas in his house. I've worked on one of them and took the opportunity to play on one. While I did not particularly like the way the horn played, the mouthpiece mentioned (without using the persons name) really makes the low register jump out at you. Most high school directors are looking for an inexpensive, some might even say cheap, instrument to put in the back of the band. They are also looking for an instrument that will put oomph on the bottom of the band - and they get it with a St. P and the aforementioned mouthpiece.

I would really appreciate people not bad mouthing a well respected teacher/performer just because he happens to endorse a less than note worthy instrument. His main reason for working with the dealer started out as a means to visit with former students in his state at the state music conventions. Besides that, if a good player works with an instrument maker, do you think that the possibility exists that it might improve? He did wonders with a Bach 18 originally. It became a well known mouthpiece put out by Mirafone for years.

just my opinion

Follow Ups: