Re: Re: Black Lung Crisis in NY

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric Matthew Hofgren on March 16, 2002 at 16:50:26:

In Reply to: Re: Black Lung Crisis in NY posted by Richard on March 16, 2002 at 13:32:37:

I understand your feelings passionately. I am a Music Ed major and we often discuss the general effects TV has caused on people. Attention spans are extremely short becase of comercials, station breaks, etc. In gerneral, people have become ignorant and uneducated. They no longer cherish the fine arts and the hard work and talent it takes to produce them. When I go to concerts I make sure to relieve myself before they start, I do not leave my seat even at intermission, if I am sick - I don't go. Instead of bitching about it, we need to try to educate them. Also, some rules at the concert halls need to be set and strictly enforced. Will we lose patronage? perhaps. If they are that self contained, they should not be there. Also, are the halls being filled? I dont know about down in the city, but here in the buffalo area, there are always a great number of people who come out from the woods to see the concerts. They are usually very respectfull also. In this time of history, music has a great advantage going for it, remember congress on 9/11. We need to stop hiding in our concert halls and reach out to people. they are looking for it.

Just my shiny nickle worth.

Follow Ups: