Re: Re: gubmunt 'poser goes on tirade at concert

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ah'ite den on March 17, 2002 at 00:37:25:

In Reply to: Re: gubmunt 'poser goes on tirade at concert posted by Brendan on March 17, 2002 at 00:15:17:

OK, let's say that I discovered that my artistic talent was making unbelievably exquisite mudpies. In fact, they indeed were absolutely amazing; so amazing that I convinced the vast majority of the U.S. Congress along with at least 200,000,000 people in this country (via NPR and NET) that each of my mudpies was worth $3000.

Heck, I only make ten each day (After all, they are absolutely divine, and I can't just be "slinging" these things out in a jiffy.) so that only amounts to (allowing for weekends and holidays) a mere $7 million a year, and since my creative lifespan (just like that of basketball players) is limited, I might only be able to do this for about fifteen years.

It just so happens that Brendan marches to a different drummer. He is struggling to support his family by playing the baritone and writing tunes. Unfortunately, Brendan cannot get anyone in the Congress to pay any attention to his baritone playing or his tunes, and whenever Brendan happens to point out how ridiculous it is that Joe S. is being paid $7,000,000 each year to make mudpies, everyone else in the room usually just groans and pretends as if Brendan said nothing. Meanwhile, April 15 is approaching and it is almost time for Brendan to pony up again, so that Joe S. may continue providing the Nation with those awe-inspiring mudpies that they crave so much and hold so dear to their hearts.

Follow Ups: