ITEC 2002-Day 2 from Tuba Gal Sal

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bart Collins on March 18, 2002 at 19:27:04:

Wednesday Morning. Gotta catch the early shuttle so I can make the reading session. I sure am glad they have that instrument check-in room, so I don’t’ have lug my horn around everywhere.
On to the day….Choice time right off the bat—a lecture by Gail Robertson on quartet arranging or a recital by John Manning, Ken Kroesche and Jim Akins.
10 am. Masterclass by Steve Mead. I hear he’s going to work with some younger students this time. That should be very informative.
11 am, another choice to make—Tom Holtz’ Dixie lecture or concert by Riki McDonnell (man was he great last night!) and John Griffiths—I’m sure he’ll have some new stuff by Elizabeth Raum—love her writing.
Lunch—what a cool thing—college groups in the Atrium near the dining hall. (and outside, too!)
Choices, choices—Alan Baer’s Orchestral session, or Demondrae’s Euphonium Class.
Yeah Baby!—Boston Brass. Main Hall. These guys cook!
More choices, Mike Forbes w/Sotto Voce, or what’s this? An amateur group? Yep—sure is, Euphoria from Tennessee (wonder if they’ll play Rocky Top?)
US Navy Quartet—4 pm what a way to be inspired before Low Blowers again.
Dinner, and then off to Aycock again—John Stevens’ group from Madison is on tonight—the Jazz night with Hank Feldman, Oystein Baadsvik and Steve Call, plus MJT—these guys are just great!

Here’s something different—A Dixie Band for afterhours time tonight.—That’s cool—Dixie Express from the Air Force. They play a lot around the Southeast, from what I hear.
Now all I need is a cold long neck libation to go along with the sounds

Follow Ups: