Re: Wanted: YOUR ideas for a tuba/euph conf.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Andy Smith on March 27, 2002 at 23:16:47:

In Reply to: Wanted: YOUR ideas for a tuba/euph conf. posted by Alan Herold on March 27, 2002 at 21:03:16:

Mr. Herold,

I'd first like to open my reply by saying that I have read both years about this conference and have been jealous of all those who could attend. You have done a fantastic job of organizing this event.

As a college student first, it's very difficult to get time off for these things. Maybe if you planned the conference around recesses from college would allow more potential students to go. This is one of the nicer things that I've come to enjoy about USABTEC. It's during my semester break, and I don't have to miss classes.

Other options include the competitions, which isn't a bad idea, but then you need to charge for prizes and things like that. My personal idea would be to have the reward for a competition be a chance to play something at the conference. Say if you won, there would be a recital of winners where they could get a chance to show their abilities to the general public. Works for recruitment purposes and gives players a chance to perform for an intelligent audience.

I'd really love to hear your responses to my ideas. Please feel free to e-mail me.

Sincerely,

Andy Smith
Bassdi(AT)aol.com
Tubist at Ithaca College

Follow Ups: