Re: Re: Re: Wanted: YOUR ideas for a tuba/euph conf.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by carole nowicke on March 31, 2002 at 10:42:51:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Wanted: YOUR ideas for a tuba/euph conf. posted by good point on March 29, 2002 at 21:39:18:

A quarter of a century ago there weren't ITECs every year, there were,however, very nice (smaller) regional conferences--usually at some school with "State" as part of the name, Ball State, Wright State, Mansfield State... Smaller, less expensive, more chance to meet and talk with people, hearing a different slate of artists, more relaxed atmosphere. I suspect better for less-aggressively marketed professors to do some recruiting.

I wish I had been at the shindig Ivan Hammond and Jamie Hafner organized. I keep hearing about the session where Abe Torchinsky and Sam Green tried to top each other's conductor stories.

Attending an ITEC is a considerable outlay for those of us who'd have to pay for it ourselves. I'll be attending a professional conference in another state earlier that month and the travel and hotel expenses would be similar, but the registration fee is $45. There are no honoraria for this association, so that keeps expenses low.

Follow Ups: