Re: Easter gig sermon stories

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tenor Clef on April 01, 2002 at 15:39:55:

In Reply to: Easter gig sermon stories posted by Easter Bunny on March 31, 2002 at 13:40:47:

Yeah just did an Easter gig yesterday and I showed up with my tuba. The director was a little disappointed because he had asked the guy who hired me for a trombone. Well everything was fine until the last piece. Some stuff was down the octave but most was where it should have been. Then the last piece has tenor clef. Not that scares me too much. In college, me and another tubist used to do the Vivaldi Concerto for 2 trumpets, reading the Bb parts, but that was a few years ago. Luckily the part was not too jumpy with the intervals and scales so as long as I founf my base note I was cool. Oh yeah and to top off this wonderful Easter, I got paid went home to take the family out to lunch and while closing the van my son decides to stick his hand in the way of the sliding door. Don't worry I knocked his out of the waybefore the door closed on it, but broke my right ring finger in the process. So now I am on the disabled list for 6-8 weeks.

Follow Ups: