Re: Horn shops in Prauge CZ??

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Klaus on March 01, 2003 at 19:25:27:

In Reply to: Horn shops in Prauge CZ?? posted by Mark Rubin on March 01, 2003 at 18:00:29:

A tuba playing friend visited Praha a few years ago. He found the best equipped brass shop and was profoundly disappointed. Almost nothing of interest was to be found on the "shelves".

Planned to go there myself and investigated the situation through the Denak/Amati/Cerveny administration. Got the hopeless answer, that I could only buy their stuff through the official importer in my own country. A dealership very often compared to that of an outlet for used cars.

The one I was out after was the same, that you are going for. I haven't achieved that goal yet, but the pre-1930 beauty hopefully appearing above here is the very worthy representative of the old Cerveny deeds, that has entered my collection.

If I was very daring, which my often proved public shyness disallows me to be, I would take a shot through the commerce department of my embassy. Yours probably would work even better.

Enjoy your tour! I enjoyed my band tour through Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, Rumania, and Bulgaria back in 1993. Today such a tour would kill me. And it would be a bit hard to march a bassbone at the right front corner of a large band by means of a couple of crutches. (We didn't march all the way. There was a bus involved).

Klaus

Follow Ups: