Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tuba Summer Camp

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe Baker on March 05, 2003 at 14:11:15:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tuba Summer Camp posted by :) on March 05, 2003 at 10:19:40:

Anthony's Question:
Have you worked a summer camp before?

Your Answer:
...actually i have attended many camps....

That you attended band camps does not answer the question. That you have band directors behind you doesn't answer the question. There is no way to infer an affirmative answer from .... your ... abrasive ... rambling ... blurtings. Under the circumstances, it was reasonable to believe that the absence of a positive should be construed as a negative. Thus my (I believe polite and encouraging, if cautioning) post. I do not offer assistance on the matter of curriculum for two reasons. First, I am not qualified to discuss tuba camp curriculum, having never worked or attended a tuba camp, and being -- well, a pretty mediocre tuba player. Second, I strongly believe that this should reflect the unique things that YOU have to offer. If you have no vision for what you wish the students to GET from your camp, why offer a camp in the first place?

I do hope that both your communication skills and your public relations skills are better than your inquiries here would indicate. I also hope that you find the vision you will need to make this a successful enterprise. Notwithstanding my rebuke of your approach, I continue to admire your willingness and enthusiasm.

Joe Baker, who knows the value of a vision, and recommends reading Dale Carnegie's works.

Follow Ups: