Re: Re: King 2341 Info Needed

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Lew on March 05, 2003 at 19:56:01:

In Reply to: Re: King 2341 Info Needed posted by Todd W. White on March 05, 2003 at 18:12:19:

My understanding is that the new, one-piece, 2341s use the tuning slide from the 1241, which was more "open." I have played on several 1241s that the local high school has. They are in pretty rough shape cosmetically, but still play pretty well. Even so, my new 2341 blows them away in playability, intonation, and sound. I picked mine from a group of 6 that were available at the time and although mine was clearly the best for me, the worst of the bunch was still good.

Last I saw a good discounted price for a silver plated (either bright or satin) 2341 was around $4100, but that was before they put the removeable valve section and large valve buttons on it. I don't know if that changed the price. I used an Altieri bag with mine that works well, but recently have begun using a hard case most of the time for extra protection. The case is the MTS made King case that seems sturdy and has easy rolling wheels.

Check the dealers listed on this site for availability and pricing. Their prices will be competitive, and you will get good customer service.

Follow Ups: