Re: Re: MW45slp For sale

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Greg on March 07, 2003 at 20:59:11:

In Reply to: Re: MW45slp For sale posted by Barry Guerrero on March 07, 2003 at 02:10:04:

I am predominantly playing Eb these days. I play in the St. Louis brass band and use a Besson Eb. The reason I am selling is I can't seem to come home from playing Eb and switch back to F. The 45slp has been collecting dust too much so I've decided to sell it and use the Eb as my small tuba.

By the way, someone mentioned the fifth valve being in an awkward place. I had the paddle to my fifth valve altered/lengthened to where it actually fits a human beings hand. It works quite well now. I would recommend it to anyone who is using a 45.

It is a very big f tuba. Big enough to use as ones primary instrument. It sounds like an F, just a big one. Obviously, I've got this tuba for sale. However, I do believe that these 45slp have the perfect f tuba sound. When I bought it, I tried Willson, Yamaha 822, 621, Rudy, Miraphone. I had my wife as a captive audience (she has to listen to too much tuba! What a patient person!) with instructions "the perfect tuba sound is Sam Pilafian with the Empire brass". That's the sound I'm looking for". I didn't get a rise from her on any of the other tubas. When I tried the 45slp, her response was "buy one of those. That's the sound" I agree with her. Am I in trouble for putting it up for sale? Well, the couch isn't that bad. The bad part is that it (the couch)is out in the back yard.

Honestly, the sound and response from this tuba is great. I love it but don't play it enough. If I don't sell it I will keep it. It is a step smaller than my C tuba(much different sound) and a different sound from Eb. Do a search for MW 45slp and my name and you will find positive comments since the time that I bought it.

Sorry for the extensive response. I hope it helps clear up any confusion.

Greg

Follow Ups: