Shameless Self Promotion

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wade on March 08, 2003 at 23:14:16:

Shameless Self Promotion

Dr. Robert Blaine, Professor of Trombone and Conductor of the ULM Symphony Orchestra has invited me to appear as a guest artist at the University of Louisiana at Monroe. I will be conducting a Master Class during the day and he and I will share a recital that night.

Here is the info for anyone in the area inclined to drop in:

Tuesday, March 11th at 11:00 am
Biedenharn Recital Hall
Monroe, Louisiana

I will be giving a Master Class with three students scheduled up to play for me.

Tuesday, March 11th at 7:30 pm
Biedenharn Recital Hall
Monroe, Louisiana

David Baker "Concertpiece for Trombone and Strings"
Ralph Vaughan Williams "Concerto for Bass Tuba and Orchestra"
Bruce Broughton "Sonata for Tuba and Piano"
Henri Tomasi "Etre ou ne pas Etre"

Featuring:
Robert Blaine, tenor trombone
Wade Rackley, bass tuba

Assisted by:
Coralee White, piano
Joshua Keen, tenor trombone
Christopher Woody, bass trombone

ULM has just completed major renovations to Biedenharn Recital Hall and we are all excited to be a part of the reopening of this fine old facility. Dr. Blaine will perform his selection accompanied by his Macintosh Wall Street laptop computer using the SmartMusic application. This is a good piece of music, and the SmartMusic setup is pretty interesting for those of you who are new to it . . . it emulates the full symphonic accompaniment and follows the performer, no matter how he alters the tempo. It does this just about as well as a live accompanist or symphony.

All are welcome. This is free and open to the public. I hope that you will attend if your schedule and geography permit you to do so. And please introduce yourself to me afterwards.

Wade Rackley
Principal Tubist
Mississippi Symphony Orchestra

Follow Ups: