Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Different Question About CC vs. BBb

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Frank on March 10, 2003 at 15:27:46:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Different Question About CC vs. BBb posted by Rick Denney on March 10, 2003 at 00:43:12:

Being "too hard" is an understatement. The man asked for some input, help to make a decision. He just wants to get back into playing again. Not likely he plans to study to become a pro, but of course he could if he wants. In any case, it was a fairly simple question, asking for opinions, not lectures about how professional he needs to be before he can try to join his local community band or other musical group.

I suspect from the tone of his post that he is looking forward to the fun of playing, at whatever level he is able, at any given time. The somewhat arrogant tone of some who post here from time to time really "turns off" us duffers. I onetime asked about a computer program to move move music written for string bass down an octave. I heard from some posters who tried to be helpful, and a few others who only wanted to lecture me on what I need to learn, and how how (by implication) lacking I was. Phooey- if I want a lecture all I need to do is displease my wife. I certainly don't need one when I am trying to do something for my own enjoyment.

So, Rick - your right! I appreciate you taking the side of us misguided souls who just enjoy the opportunity to play, and from time to time ask for a little help from those who also enjoy this website.

Follow Ups: