Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Different Question About CC vs. BBb

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mary Ann on March 11, 2003 at 10:42:39:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Different Question About CC vs. BBb posted by Rick Denney on March 10, 2003 at 17:34:32:

I would label that a physical problem in hearing, the not being able to tell who is where, and not being able to hear your own pitch. I've had it occasionally in groups myself, but usually only when I was really tired. And, you can't tune to a chord that is not there in the first place.

Years ago I read something interesting about hearing. I've always been unable to understand the words in songs I hear on the radio, and never could figure out how other people could tell what the words were; but it always seemed to be counterbalanced by the fact that I could write down all the music. Somebody else in the band got the words, so we had a good team going. But I read that if your mother smoked while she was pregnant, that the result of some study showed that .... the offspring had trouble understanding the words in recorded songs! Bingo! Not that it helps any, but my mother did smoke while she was pregnant, and when I told my MD about it, he said he had the same problem, and that his mother had also smoked. Amazing what these weird little studies will turn out.

MA

Follow Ups: