Re: Shall tubas have their own scale systems

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by preach it Klaus! on March 12, 2003 at 00:19:40:

In Reply to: Shall tubas have their own scale systems posted by Klaus on March 11, 2003 at 21:18:10:

My response? You get to pick and choose from the below comments, be my guest (though I suspect you'll only want to read/hear what you want to anyway) All are heart-felt.

1)
My gosh, Klaus, you need to get a sense of humor! I am sure that long post reflects a lot of thought, but m'thinks you let yourself ruminate far too long on the matter - as the fodder's done soured in your belly!
2)
(spoken in the infamous Dan Ackroyd manner) Klause, you ignorant slut! If you are not able to dismiss the ramblings of seasoned nut-cases, professional used car salespersons, or generally verbose individuals who (like me) squander time reading and typing and thinking out-loud on this silly bbs, then I'd suggest that you resist bludgeoning people with your opinions and leave the name-calling out of the picture when folks disagree with you. I should know, with what little good I get back from such behavior, perhaps you might benefit from a different approach.
3)
Condescention can be seen in American culture as a very bad thing. Most of us do not play in audition-only or invitation only community bands. Your fabricated characterization of a community band here, and the tuba sections here in the States reeks of snobbery and is frankly, offensive (but what do you care really coming from your favorite "nut-case?" ;^}
4)
There are hundreds of us stateside who have none of your credentials, expertise, or tuba-foto fetish depth. Despite these woeful shortfalls, we'd like to think we manage to make music on occasion, sometimes despite ourselves. Come listen to a broad range of our community bands and orchestras before you presume wholesale judgement on us, come see the citizens of our local cities and towns in the parks we play in, the schools we play in, the hospitals and civic centers and other places where (believe it or not) "Joe 6-pack and his family actually seem to enjoy what they're hearing.

All the best,

dp

Follow Ups: