Re: Re: Gronitz, Conn, Miraphone

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ... on March 19, 2003 at 15:05:11:

In Reply to: Re: Gronitz, Conn, Miraphone posted by Rick Denney on March 19, 2003 at 13:51:24:

You know, I did go "over the top" on this, and perhaps I need to buy some of this CRACK CREME for my HEAD...

...but I do grow weary of the same "experts" championing the same stuff when similar questions appear over and over.

Realistically, these advocates probably have played, at best, two of the three choices extensively and perhaps the third for a total of an hour. WHO has played ALL THREE of these tubas for...even "days"?

How can anyone presume to advise another on an instrument purchase anyway - particularly when the candidates all rate somewhere between a "9.3" and a "9.6", even if these advisors had credentials? (Sorry, selling a bunch of tubas, trying to sell a bunch of tubas, having sold some tubas, or having a friend who sells tubas don't qualify.)

There are some commercially-made tubas I like, but I haven't played them enough to "rate" them...and if and when I make a decision to re-tuba myself with a store-bought (or Frankenstein) CC tuba, I'll be shopping online - not for tubas - but for (again) cheap plane tickets to fly around and try tubas for a period of time, perhaps even dropping some "first right of refusal" money on one or two as I look around.

AGAIN, HOW ABOUT something NEW??? I just came up with the " W.W.A-J.D. " bracelet in this thread. Someone else have a true stroke of genius to offer?

Follow Ups: