Re: Bb or CC for college

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on March 26, 2003 at 11:28:50:

In Reply to: Bb or CC for college posted by Aaron P. on March 25, 2003 at 18:18:01:

Nobody will be surprised to see my name in this thread, but they may be surprised at what I say. I'm assuming when you say you are going to college, you will be a music major.

I say make the switch to CC. Of course, I don't think CC's are inherently better than BBb's at the same price point--that isn't the point.

The only reason I would stick with BBb is if I had a world-class instrument that would make the case for me.

You will be immersed in playing the tuba, so you'll be able to spend the time needed to make the switch. You'll have to spend this time whether or not you personally own a CC tuba, because anybody with a music degree should be able to handle any instrument by the time he or she graduates.

If you play a CC routinely, you'll never have to defend that choice with your teachers. If you don't, you'll always have to defend that choice. It can be done, but you'll have an extra burden of proof. Who needs it?

Rick "who plays BBb for good reasons that don't apply here" Denney

Follow Ups: