Re: Graduate Assistantship U TN Knoxville

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by more info on UT on March 26, 2003 at 20:42:12:

In Reply to: Graduate Assistantship U TN Knoxville posted by Carole Nowicke on March 26, 2003 at 11:43:01:

Hi! I am the person vacating this position, I have decided that after ten years of musical academia it is time to try to pursue another aspect of life, so to speak!

I want to say a few words about Sande. He is an incredible teacher, and has so much knowledge to pass along! He is just as incredible of a person, and is extremely supportive of the endeavors of his students, both in school and out! He will do everything in his power to pass along whatever opportunities arise for the person filling this position.

In addition, I'd like to say that the wind ensemble here at UT is incredible as well, and participating in it has been a highlight of my stay! This next week we will be doing a tour of New York City and playing at Carnegie Hall as one of two featured collegiate ensembles at the New York Wind Band Festival. Playing in this group has given me a musical experience like no other!

As for the area, Knoxville is a terrific town, and has much culture to offer! There is a symphony, an opera company, and a ballet, all incredible!

If anyone has questions about UT or the position, feel free to contact me. Also feel free to contact Sande, he is very accomodating and will do anything he can to help out those who may be interested.

Thanks, my two cents.
-lisa

--
Lisa Kaye Muth
Graduate Assistant, Tuba and theory
The University of Tennessee

Follow Ups: