M.P.'s for sale

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Barry Guerrero on March 30, 2003 at 16:04:55:

Well, I guess I should try to cash in as well, so here's what I'm not using these days. Since these are all older m.p.'s, I'd prefer to negotiate privately. While none of these are new, they don't have any serious dings or dents anywhere. All of the shanks fit snuggly - no wobbling. Shipping will be UPS, as I have pick-up service at my work.

Miraphone C2 - looks like it may have been replated at one point. Some consider this to be an Eb/F m.p., but I'd say it's more on the borderline. Think of it as being somewhat more narrow than a C3, but a tad deeper as well.

Bach 7 - this one WAS replated. Wide and deep, but with a bowl shape to the cup. The throat is relatively big as well.

Schilke 66 - gold plated. I prefer the 67, which is wider. I believe that this one is 70's vintage. The back-bore is such that the stem comes to something of a razor-like point. No dents at the end.

Dennis Wick 2L - another "Helleberg" style m.p. I prefer the 1L, which is wider. The silver plating is a tad tarnished on this one.

If the price is right, I may let go of a Miraphone "Rose Orchestra" as well. I won't take a low-ball price on this one.

Contact me privately,

Barry Guerrero

Follow Ups: