Re: Re: Re: Re: First Tuba Audition

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Allison on April 01, 2003 at 22:18:34:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: First Tuba Audition posted by Rick Denney on April 01, 2003 at 17:12:18:

Thank you very much. All the advice is very helpful and I will try to heed as much of it as I can tomorrow but a lot of it treated me as if I know exactly what I'm doing on tuba. I really don't have enough of an idea. You're the only one who kept in mind that the 30-45 minutes is about all i can do IN ALL for practicing at one time, not just for warm-up. I am also going by myself without Dan (If you remember him--the reason I could involved in this message board) who has been there to help me with my brass crises. He cannot be there and I have to, for the first time, brave the world of brass alone! I'm just worried even though I shouldn't be because it's a beginner level, completely inconsequential rehearsal. It's just all completely foreign to me. I should definately warm up and then take a break and make very much sure not to get too tired. The sight reading will theoretically and technically be no problem. I am a musician who can read music, the partials are really the only foreign part that I am worrying about. Thanks for all your advice and I'll let you all know how it goes tomorrow.

~.::Allison::.~

Follow Ups: