Re-Built by Warren Deck,2165 ForSale

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jacomo Bairos on March 10, 2004 at 18:31:55:

Warren Deck re-built this horn for me when I was a student of his at Juilliard. He changed many things and I believe it was an early version of the 2265. Besides the new valve set which was added, and a third branch, one of the most significant changes was the subtraction of the tone ring. Originally these horns had light bells, which I feel allows the horn to project without much effort. These were but a few of the changes made. When Warren finished the tuba, he told me that he would trade any horn he owned straight up for it. It actually weighs less than a PT-6P, and this creates a lot of its special character.

This horn is quite special. I have used it in concert with the New York Philharmonic, Chicago Symphony, and Civic orchestras respectively. I also used this horn in professional groups in Spain and Shanghai. I recently recorded a CD with the United Brass and it has a full orchestral sound.

Warren Deck, Gene Pokorny, Chris Olka, and David Fedderly all told me it was the best 2165 they have all played, by far. I have debated for a while about selling this horn, and after much thought I have to decided to part with it. I won several auditions on it, and it is quite light and nimble for its size.

Please email me privately with any questions that you may have.
tuba4sale(AT)yahoo.com

Follow Ups: