Re: Shipping Instruments Overseas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by K on March 12, 2004 at 20:32:24:

In Reply to: Shipping Instruments Overseas posted by J.D. Salas on March 12, 2004 at 19:38:49:

I have imported several instruments from the US to Denmark. The larger ones being BBb tuba and sousaphone (with Wenger chair), Eb sousaphone, and G baritone.

On the advice of my recording studio owning student/friend I used Bax Global for these largies for one simple reason: Bax is the only company insuring at the full value of the instruments.

Of course that quality comes at a price, which I gladly have paid, even if I fortunately never have had to test it in real life.

I have lived/worked in various custom zones in various nations. I would suppose, that Thailand had a steep duty on oddities like classical instruments.

As you supposedly have been invited to teach there, you should have their DC embassy issue a document clearing a duty-free road for your tools of work.

As you hardly will spend a lifetime in Thailand, you likewise should get a document from the US customs authorities allowing to take your tubas back home without any duties imposed upon you.

Klaus

Follow Ups: