Tuba and euphonium spots at Lawrence

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Marty Erickson on March 16, 2004 at 15:54:20:

Just wanted to let you know that there is still time for seniors doing their school search to apply at Lawrence University for next fall, which would not start until about September 22 or so. (We are on a tri-mester sysytem).

I found out that I have two additional spots for tuba and at least one for euphonium. If you are a strong player, you can expect a pretty healthy scholarship offer. Check out our website at www.lawrence.edu and click on the Conservatory. Great orchestra and wind ensembles, as well as strong jazz program. In the chamber area, we had five brass quintets, seven jazz combos, tuba-euphonum ensemble, brass choir, and more opportunities as well for performance and growth. Tubas this year got to play Mahler #1, Peter Grimes, Penderecki "Credo" and more with the orchestra. Others played with jazz bands and a superb improvisational group calle IGLU---improvisation group Lawrence Univ.

You have the opportunity to do a double major program unique in the nation and essentially design your curriculum. Finace office is outstanding here, making those concerns much easier for parents to handle. All lessons are with me, as well as studio class, ensemble, etc. and all quintets, quartets, etc. have a faculty coach. Come check us out. Since it is a private school, we don't have the early cutoff dates of larger universities. If you have questions contact my studio at 920-832-6558 or Admissions Contact Rosie Cannizzo at 920-832-6508 or roseanna.m.cannizzo(AT)lawrence.edu. Hope to hear from some strong tuba and euphonium players!

Follow Ups: