Re: High tution costs and Financial Aid

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark McMahon on May 03, 2001 at 09:40:44:

In Reply to: High tution costs and Financial Aid posted by Broke one on May 02, 2001 at 10:29:44:

Broke one-

I think that the answer to your question depends entirely upon the realization that you will have to pay the $20K back in full and on time. If you are satisfied with that scenario and committed to your collegiate experience, then go for it. After all, we aren't talking about a $20K car that will deppreciate in value the very first time you put the key in the ignition. In this investment, you will always have your $20K's worth.

However as a none New York native, I have always wondered one thing:

Can one get the "New York Experience" and not be a full-time New Yorker? It seems like it must be possible. For instance, can you not get CONSISTENT lessons with a prominent New York teacher and prove yourself well enough to that teacher and his fellow students that you could squeeze some gigs out of it while residing and attending college somewhere outside of the city? Besides, all you need is a few gigs for the right contractors to get the old ball rollin'. Remember: I'm not a New Yorker! I am asking, not implying. Doing this would probably be more of an effort in marketing rather than music, but it has to be possible.

Follow Ups: