Re: Re: Re: Re: Walter Nirschl 4/4 vs. Sliver plate 2155

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe S. on May 06, 2001 at 20:42:01:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Walter Nirschl 4/4 vs. Sliver plate 2155 posted by Klaus on May 06, 2001 at 18:05:44:

I was on an extremely limited schedule when I played both 2155 models at Dillon Music. (I was SUPPOSED to be waiting in the lobby of a motel over at Fort Hamilton in Brooklyn for my brother, who had the qualifications to get a cheap room there during the Christmas holidays.) I was feeling weird from staying up late the night before visiting and getting up early that morning and driving there from D.C. with a bad cold, but not weird enough to not be able to tell the playing characteristic of the two different 2155's blindfolded. Matt Walters was telling me about the different wrap and branches down at the small end of the two different 2155's, but by then I was playing a Conn CC that he had created from an EEb bell, a cutdown BBb body, and a four-valve front-action short-action valveset that U.M.I. fabricated for him. BTW, that Conn creation played as well or better than the 2155 "2000" model.

Follow Ups: