Re: Cold sores + tuba = "Is that blood??"

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Adam Crowe on May 08, 2001 at 01:48:37:

In Reply to: Cold sores + tuba = "Is that blood??" posted by Mangled Lips on May 07, 2001 at 19:38:31:

I agree with Chuck G... Having been afflicted with cold sores off and on for 12 years, I have found that the prescription drug Acyclovir works best in both preventing and treating them when they do show up. If you explain the situation to your doctor, he will probably give you some Acyclovir capsules to take during the times you really need healthy lips, such as a couple weeks before a concert etc. When you do get a sore, there is also a topical ointment under the brand name Zovirax that will probably clear up your sore in a couple days, depending on when you apply it.

*stop reading if you have a weak stomach*

If I have a sore that has formed a blister (you can see clear liquid under a thin layer of skin), I take a needle and gently puncture each blister, then drain the liquid by pressing tissue against the sores. Then I apply the Zovirax cream every few hours until the sores are gone. I have never had to wait more than 2 days for the swelling and blisters to go away, and complete healing in 2-3 more days.

Good Luck, I feel your pain

Adam C.

Follow Ups: