Sentimental thoughts

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Student on May 09, 2001 at 08:05:17:

I felt like I should share something with all of you because it is funny how I just realized this yesterday.

I recently had a lesson with my teacher and we talked as we usually do, but this time it was diffrent, this time it hit both of us that our time is coming to an end. It is time for me to go to college and leave the security of being a highschool student.

My thoughts on the subject are this... I have learned so much about not only playing but about life from this one person. How? I have no idea. I guess teachers just have that impact. Their passion for playing makes the student want to play. ( Well, at least in my case). They are good people who want to share their experiences with us and even when they make you learn 4 pieces in a week you can't really get mad.

I guess you can compare it to a parent teaching a child all they know and then sending them off into the real world to do the best they can. And the kid feels scared, but the parent is probally terified too. Especially in our buiseness. Not knowing wether we'll make it.

So this is dedicated to all those teachers who care and put everything into teaching an instrument... enough so to keep us crazy teens on track to see we have a future. You may not think so but you make a diffrence.

Follow Ups: