Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: YORK TUBA INFO.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on May 11, 2001 at 09:12:04:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: YORK TUBA INFO. posted by Andy Smith on May 10, 2001 at 09:19:21:

I only played about five notes on that horn at the Army conference. I didn't immediately form a bond with it, but I can't really explain why.

That said, I also didn't immediately form a bond with the Beuscher/Dillon. My head was still buried inside that 6/4 York/Rusk that David was showing.

But after about three notes on that horn in the store, I have to say that it spoke to me immediately. I played every tuba in the store, and that one was the only one that called my name. Actually, I found it quite similar to my York Master, but with a warmer, more mellow sound. I could imagine making beautiful music on that instrument. Of course, I'd have to sew someone else's chops on my face, and probably have a brain transplant, too.

The only other instrument in there that impressed me with its ease of play was... a Yamaha YCB 661 rotary tuba. That was a great horn!

I tried out several 2165's and converted Holtons, and they felt like driving a semi-truck by comparison.

The robbing the bank parts comes from the fact that I know the Beuscher/Dillon is out of your price range.

Rick "but what do I know?" Denney

Follow Ups: