Re: Re: Re: How do I sell a tuba?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Agree with the Tiger on May 15, 2001 at 06:08:25:

In Reply to: Re: Re: How do I sell a tuba? posted by Mark on May 15, 2001 at 00:38:51:

Since you will be in the area, and since your attempts at selling the tuba have come up empty, It may be a good idea to put your tuba on consignment at Dillon's. They have a great reputation among tuba players, and a good flow of walk-in traffic. (The same can also be said about Dave Fedderly's Baltimore Brass Co., where I bought my last tuba)

I make the 100 mile trip once a month or so, just to see what might be there. Other readers of this BBS travel farther and with greater frequency. Someone who actually plays your tuba is likely to become interested and walk out of the store with it. I've had bad luck with shipping horns and also with tubas I've bought from e-bay, so at this point I'm more comfortable giving a horn a trial run in the store. I think there are many more like me out there.

You do have to pay a 10% consignment fee (If your horn sold for $5000, Dillon's would take $500) but I think the fee is fair, considering the hassles of selling a tuba. Let them do the work for you!

Follow Ups: