suggestions for www.tuba.ca

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Anthony Labelle on May 16, 2001 at 15:18:30:

I just thought I'd ask for some suggestions regarding content for www.tuba.ca ...I registered the domain name for the email address, and never really gave much thought to the actual web content. I won't be putting any sort of message board on there, as we've already got the best we could ask for right here... and between the rest of this site, and the Dutch Tuba site, I'm having a hard time coming up with ideas for an "original" tuba-themed website. One thing I had contemplated creating was a comprehensive web-based horn catalogue, with pictures, USER reviews(not factory reviews), and links to dealers where various horns can be purchased... I've got one in paper-back form that I made for myself, and I think that putting it on the web could provide an effective tool for members of the tuba community searching for info on various horns... I know it sure would be nice to view comparisons of different horns(or prices of the same horn, from different sources) all in the same place... as far as *I* know, such a site doesn't exist(correct me if I'm wrong).

Any other suggestions are more than welcome... this'll be one of my summer projects(the other one will be my first ever horn-cutting project, which I will no doubt have lots to write about this summer... thank goodness for Weril tubas, making the process of trial-and-error a little more affordable). Also(apologies in advance for a bit of non-tuba related content), if anyone has any suggestions regarding reliable web hosting, please contact me through email. Thanks again.

Anthony

Follow Ups: