Re: Re: Re: Disney BLAST!s out

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe Baker on May 24, 2001 at 11:57:27:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Disney BLAST!s out posted by Cast Member on May 24, 2001 at 11:13:15:

It is an ugly reality of ANY business. I'm a computer programmer, and we've enjoyed a wealth of jobs for the last few years, but that runs in cycles. When the cycle is down -- and it's headed down right now -- the axes fall and people lose jobs. It has happened to me (3 times in 18 months, a little over 10 years ago), and it could happen again any time. That's just part of being a responsible adult, you prepare for these things and have an alternate plan to accomodate loss of income.

I'm always sad when people lose their jobs (except for politicians of a particular bent;), but Disney, of which I'm no fan, is a business. They are SUPPOSED to look out for the best interests of their shareholders. If they think the way to do that is to put out a particular kind of music, they are responsible to the shareholders for that decision, not to the employees. As long as they aren't dishonest about the nature of job security, they have done nothing wrong.

Joe "I'd rather hear the tuba-dours, but my kids would rather hear the teen group" Baker

Follow Ups: