Josh Wiley, Sonata for tuba and Piano

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Anthony Labelle on May 27, 2001 at 23:10:12:

This piece that I commissioned about a year ago will be published this summer. A preview of the first movement is available as a Sibelius Scorch file(please excuse the messiness of the formatting, computer transcription isn't the easiest thing in the world to do!). If anyone is interesting in pre-ordering, feel free to contact me via email. Since I'm the semi-official publisher and publicist, I can get you a copy before the actual release date. Once published, the going rate for the solo + accompaniment will be in the $15 range, with a decent "TubeNet special" discount for anyone who pre-orders in advance.

The piece(originally just the first movement)was written for CC tuba, with a range from Pedal C up to Eb two lines above the staff, and was moderately challenging... not overly technical, but still required a good bit of work. The second movement(for which a preview is not yet available) can be played on a CC tuba, but seems far more suitable for an F tuba, and a tubist far more talented than myself. As of now, there is no third movement written, but a third movement is a high possibility.

Anthony

Follow Ups: