Re: Tubas for Sale: May edition.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tony E on May 01, 2002 at 22:32:00:

In Reply to: Tubas for Sale: May edition. posted by Billy M. on May 01, 2002 at 20:56:32:

New King 2341 BBb.

I just posted this morning. You can see the horn at www.oberloh.com Here's some text from the earlier post:

This horn has a lacquer finish. There are no dents, nicks, or scratches. It has the normal UMI finish quality issues, which have been discussed elsewhere. It comes with a King case. The horn plays terrific. Both Dan Oberloh and Matt Walters (Dillon Music) have played this horn, and you can call or e-mail either of them if you'd like their thoughts.

The horn has vented valves, nylon guides, a water key on the 4th valve slide, and Yamaha springs. The first valve was hand lapped. Dan Oberloh performed this work. The valves are about as fast and quiet as you’re ever going to see on a Tuba.

I’m asking $3500 plus shipping. And yes, since Dan is handling the transaction, you can even charge it to your card.

If you’ve been thinking of acquiring a new one, you can save some money with this one, and I guarantee the upgrades are things you’ll appreciate.

BUT, you should act quickly...I still might talk my wife into letting me keep it.

Tony E

Follow Ups: