Re: Re: Re: Re: Tell me about my tuba

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gus Pratt on May 03, 2002 at 04:05:00:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Tell me about my tuba posted by DRS on May 02, 2002 at 21:31:51:

I bought my BBb 3 valve compensating Boosey and Hawkes off eBay about 6 months ago. It's satin silver is 99%. It has very few dents and the valves are almost like new. I paid a whole whopping $315 plus $60 shipping. The seller only asked for $30 shipping, but I wanted to make sure it got to me in one piece so I sent an extra $30 and asked that he take extra care in packaging. The reason I got it so cheap was that it was listed in the musical instruments category under the Antiques section. It was also described as "large brass musical instrument" so it never came up on anyone's search using "tuba", etc. It also stated that the valves were sticking, but after I got the horn I realized the only reason the valves were sticking was because it had the wrong valve buttons so the valves were going down to far. I replaced the valve buttons with a set I had lying around and haven't had any problems with the horn since.

Follow Ups: