Re: Re: AIR and bouree

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Trystan on May 05, 2002 at 00:13:03:

In Reply to: Re: AIR and bouree posted by Jeff Hicks on May 04, 2002 at 23:36:34:

The first thing you have to realize is that in a high pressure performance situation the body reacts differently then when you are just rehearsing or practicing a piece. Some of the symptoms are little things such increased sweating, but one symptom is shortness of breath, and that also could have been your problem on your solo performance. You also said that the "too little air" was a problem all of the time. The key to fixing the problem is to do breathing excercises just as much as you do your normal warm-up. You also need to realize that you're most likely not taking in your full potential of air. In other words are you taking a true "full breath?" My suggestion is to buy the Arnold Jacobs book "Song and Wind" there is a chapter dealing with the mechinacs of breathing which might be useful, there are few breathing at the end of that chapter that be of some use as well. Also you might try to find the Sam Pilafian warm-up routine it has a lot with breathing excercises. If you can't find it e-mail me and I will try to find a way to get it to you.

-Trystan

Follow Ups: