Re: Re: Re: AIR and bouree

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dan Malcore on May 06, 2002 at 22:44:48:

In Reply to: Re: Re: AIR and bouree posted by Keep trying on May 06, 2002 at 01:45:27:

I got my score card today, and actually got a first. I didn't expect that. Part of my problem, perhaps, was that I've only been playing this song for a little over a month. For a while, I was working up Beezlebub, but that was really quite high, and I had a period of time where I didn't get to play much so i really lost the high range.

So, a week before solo & ensemble, I switched songs, figuring I could learn Air and Bouree quickly enough. I practiced like a madman monday and tuesday of that week, but wednesday, playing basketball, I took a shot to my lower lip, which made my lip quite swollen and made playing rather uncomfortable. So i didn't practice it until the day of the competition, and then i did pretty well performing it (at a slower tempo--i certainly wasn't up to speed) and got the starred first.

In the last month, I practiced quite a bit on it, but my unfamiliarity with the piece probably contributed some to my breathing problems. Anyway, thanks all for the advice, I'm sure I'll be able to get this song under control one day.

Dan

Follow Ups: