Re: Klaus' statement of 5/11 re. Tenor Tuba

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Klaus on May 17, 2002 at 12:23:22:

In Reply to: Klaus' statement of 5/11 re. Tenor Tuba posted by Volker on May 17, 2002 at 10:34:22:

Volker is right in his statements. As I am in mine.

This shall be no political mudslinging. So I will say, that where differences are to be found between Volker and me, probably mostly is in the matter of age.

It hardly is a secret to the list, that I am a highly political person. Which translates to: I let my instincts (I call that my heart and guts) have a great saying in my thinking. But usually I manage to apply enough objective thinking to be listened to.

The experiences of my very young years might be thought of, discussed of, and even therapied on (the latter has not happened). They still form my views on this world. Which in turn lets me understand some hard-to-understand aspects of European politics. Even cultural matters like the history of why Gerd Albrecht is now in Copenhagen and no longer in Praha.

For many years my collection of instruments was heavily German with a few British centerpieces. Today US instruments form a very import fraction, but still my German instruments outnumber those of any other nation. I guess that I have corresponded with or talked to more German makers than any other non-pro, non-German contributor to this list.

And I am glued to the TV screen (German stations) every time there is an election in Germany. And my biases are quite clear. Brandt, Schmidt, Schröder, even Simonis and Merkel, are much more appealing names than Straus and Steuber.

We are our pasts. The art of life partly is to manage these pasts. I am no great artist on that point. But hopefully enough to let us get along.

Klaus

Follow Ups: