Re: Re: A really detachable F

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Klaus on May 18, 2002 at 17:47:45:

In Reply to: Re: A really detachable F posted by John Swadley on May 18, 2002 at 17:13:39:

He does not mention the leadpipe solder at all.

I hope it will be clear to all, that I am not promoting auctions, only very intend to bring the unusual to common board knowledge. Hence i will dare to translate the auction text:

"F-Tuba 5 Ventile (4 rechts - 1 links) unlackiert,demontierbar,keine Schutzkappen am Bügel und Anstoß,am Anstoß ist die Lotnaht etwas angefressen, Druckwerk mit Uniballgelenke,keine Dellen, Instr.wird vor Versand hoch glanz poliert.Sehr schöner Klang, gute Intonation.Ohne Koffer. Ohne Hülle."

F tuba 5 valves (4 right - 1 left) no lacquer, (fully) detachable, no guards at bottom bow and first branch (probably better in the reversed order KB)., at the bottom bow (less likely the 1st branch) the solder seam is somewhat corroded, linkage with Uniball joints, no dents, instrument will be buffed to high gloss prior to shipping. Very good sound. No case. No "Hülle" (which expresses the strange non-padded canvas covers, that are so common in central Europe).

All parentheses by me.

Klaus

Follow Ups: