Lee Stofer's repair on my C Alex,THANKS!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Archie cassidy on May 21, 2002 at 12:51:41:

I just got my Alexander C 163 back from Lee Stofer the other day. He added a 5th valve to the old 4-valve configuration and replaced the lead pipe with a red brass one. All replacement parts (valve, slides, tubing and lead pipe) we ordered from Alexanader, so they were all original. The leadpipe came straight and had to be bend. Bending is not as easy as it sounds. Lee did an amazingly good job with all of it. You cannot tell that any of the added parts are not original. The lead pipe receiver will now take almost any mouthpiece (YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), where before it only took very, very large mouthpieces (Doug Elliot Alex shanks). Lee took special care to keep the horn looking purely Alexander. He treated it like a craftsman doing a valuable car restoration. The whole horn was also taken part and we found some poorly soldered joints. Now the horn is back together with much better joints than before, and you can really tell playing it. If you are looking for a good repairman in the Atlanta, GA area you need to look up Lee. And if you are going to ITEC you need to find his both and meet him. Archie Cassidy

Follow Ups: