Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: San Fransisco audition

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Andy on May 23, 2002 at 12:46:07:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: San Fransisco audition posted by dp on May 23, 2002 at 12:14:09:

I would like to add my two cents on this topic. I for one, am very interested in learning the outcome of these various auditions, and find this bulletin board as an excellent source of information on many tuba related topics. Remember that we are going through a period where many of the positions opening are once in a generation type jobs. That alone is interesting to me.

I don't care to read speculation and rumor, but mixed in with those posts are usually posts from knowledgeable persons with legit info. Unfortunately, we seem to have to take rumor and speculation in order to also get the facts, which I am grudgingly willing to put up with in order to get the factual info I am looking for.

As a former struggling professional tubist that decided to change careers in order to earn a living, I find the info on this BBS invaluable in my quest to keep up with the happenings in the tuba world. I would be very dissappointed if the topic of audition results was removed from discussion.

There are many topics that are regularly posted here that don't interest me, so I simply choose not to read them. After all, just how many times can we rehash the comparisons between Yorkbrunners and Nirschls, rotary vs. piston, which MP is best, etc. However, I'm sure someone enjoys those discussions, so more power to them. If a topic doesn't interest you, and isn't hurting anyone, my opinion is that you should feel free to exercise your right to ignore it. However, the fact that someone may be tired of a particular topic doesn't make it unworthy of discussion here.

This is a forum where anyone that is interested in the tuba can visit and share information on a variety of topics. As long as we concentrate on providing factual information, and limit (or eliminate) the rumors and gossip, any tuba related topic should be fair game.

Follow Ups: