Re: Conn 56J

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Z on May 28, 2002 at 11:51:52:

In Reply to: Conn 56J posted by Patrick on May 27, 2002 at 14:46:57:

Have you ever wondered when someone posts on this board about a certain brand and model asking for questions about that particular horn that most responses have nothing to do with the question. Instead people talk about every other horn except the one in question. The 56j is a fabulous horn. Incredible response. The most popular finsish seems to be the satin silver. Unfortunately the only finish of that horn I have tried was the satin brass. Intonation is solid and the sound flys from that horn. Now most people I know have been a little afraid of the size. Some people believe it to be to small of a horn for an orchestra. I can not speak from experience on that issue I just got to play it by myself. I do know that they are made in the US and if you have any problem with the horn (hopefully you won't) UMI the manufacturer will bend over backwards to correct any problem. They are a strong costumer service company. That was the first horn I played after a year layoff from playing and let me say I was amazed how easy it was to play. The pedal jumped out of the horn. I can't remember ever playing a pedal tone with hardly an effort like that. For me that is my goal horn. I have played Mirafones for years and I can't stand them. Just my opinion.

Z

Follow Ups: