Re: Re: Re: too many ?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ted Cox on May 03, 2003 at 16:27:32:

In Reply to: Re: Re: too many ? posted by Heather McDown on May 03, 2003 at 11:26:32:

Just to clarify, my position at the University of Oklahoma was in fact a full-time appointment. My full-time equivelency, (FTE) was a 1.0 or 100%. I recieve benefits, retirement and health insurance. Andjunct employees are not entitled to benefits. My very first year at O.U. I was not full-time. I also taught at two other schools. During my first year, my boss that hired me approached me about teaching music appreciation. I gladly accepted the challenge after I learned what it would pay and do for my full time status. Namely benefits. I taught this course for six years, after which I negotiated the class out of my load maintaining the same salary. The studio was growing and I was getting more requests to travel and perform. I am/was the only full time tuba teacher in the state of Oklahoma. There are several other teachers doing fine work at a few other schools, but are adjunct in their appointments. The fact that I have been full time beyond seven years makes my situation very interesting indeed.

Follow Ups: