Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: too many ?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by More disadvantage on May 03, 2003 at 23:19:47:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: too many ? posted by ready on May 03, 2003 at 21:12:25:

I am currently an adjunct professor of tuba/euphonium at two small universities. Both universities are out of town, 1 1/2 hour away. I am an established freelance in the city I live in. By not being able to be there everyday, the situation puts me in a very awkward position at both institutions. 1. I can't not attend concerts/recitals regularly---not fully understanding the current level of students as a whole. 2. Not being able to/not required to attend faculty meetings---under informed of school situations. 3. No office, which forces me to carry both my tubas, music library and my euphonium on occasion. 4. Less availability for students. No make up or extra lessons. 5. Even if I know more about brass players than anyone in the university, my opinion does not matter to the school when it comes to hiring a new faculty.

Richard Killmer may be available for once a month or once a semester, but what if he was available everyday? Would it be better for the students? Or the school? Which would be better for both students and the university?

Follow Ups: