Re: question about 2145

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by james on May 05, 2003 at 17:22:26:

In Reply to: question about 2145 posted by David Hynds on May 05, 2003 at 16:12:57:

having owned a mw2145 i would have to say that it is a great solo/chamber/band section instrument. it works fine for a good majority of orchestra literature but i imagine you would need something bigger if you plan on persuing strictly orchestra playing. however, if you can afford to buy the mw2155 i believe you would be happier in the long run having purchased the slightly bigger model. you'll find you don't have to work as hard on the bigger 2155. although i loved the sound of the mw2145 i traded it for a slightly bigger instrument becasue i needed something that would work in band and orchestra(and even solo and chamber). i chose a MODIFIED miraphone 1290(very reasonable price) which plays like a bigger 2155(even closer to the pt-6p). PLAY ON SEVERAL OF THE MODELS IN YOUR PRICE RANGE TO FIND THE RIGHT FIT!!!!! also, if you are on your way to college, call the professor who you will be studying with next fall and see what his opinion on this matter is. maybe he would be willing to hear you test play some different models (definetly have a pro teacher or player hear you try out horns!) hope this helps. if you(i mean your parents)have the money you really can't go wrong with buying the mw2145 now, and then adding a big CC and an f tuba later.

james

Follow Ups: