Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Our business

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Volker on May 06, 2003 at 17:37:20:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Our business posted by Rick Denney on May 06, 2003 at 13:21:21:

Just briefly, otherwise books could be written about this:
One of the rare cases I don't completely agree with you. From my point of view, one of the governments essential obligations is to provide a large variety of culture for public education (even for minorities). [Many parents don't offer ample access to culture towards kids. You were lucky with your parents]. That's enlisted in our constitution. We have Kultusministers in Germany - in every federal "Bundesland".

2nd, MULTI-MILLIONAIRES: If you investigate in many of the best known and richest classic capitalists, I bet you will get a goose skin about the way they gained their money.
It's a matter of morals and ethics if you work with money that possibly has some spots of blood on, even if it contributes to maintain jobs.

Personal analogy (I am not rich though): During the time of the Iran vs. Irak war some 20 years ago there was a US embargo on military related equipment, so their agents were running around for military vehicles replacement parts. I ran an importation wholesale company in this market field, so they contacted me with a huge order / prices were not an issue, a possible business of the life that maybe would have catapulted me up to the category "rich". I denied that deal, since it was bloody money, and I preferred a good sleep. A buddy of mine was shaking his head, his credo was: If you don't do it, somebody else will do, so what? ... but that's another story.
Basically our free and liberal western society systems are okay, but they have been driven to some concerning out of balance excesses lately. One of the excesses is culture (or better called monoculture), another one is money related. Both values are existing in sufficient quantities, but the chances and distribution scissors are excessively and progessively opening by now - every day more and more.

2nd

Follow Ups: