Re: Re: Re: Re: Recording critique

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by tigersound on May 06, 2003 at 23:33:58:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Recording critique posted by Qizstem on May 06, 2003 at 22:27:38:

That is what it was. I had to save it to the hard drive first to listen to it.
Now my critiques:
I liked the V.W. better than the Bach. I thought it was quite good like Joe said. You played with some musicality, but in my opinion, I would make more difference in dynamics. Remember this is just my take on it, but I thought your softs were good and you could play with much more volume and depth for the louder passages. In other words, the louds could be louder. Pitch was pretty damn good esp. with it being with piano. Only a couple of low notes were a little funky pitch-wise, but like I said pretty damn good. Just play with more gutsyness on the loud parts. As was mentioned before, tempo and intonation was wacky on the Bach. The trumpet teacher at my school got on me a couple 'o times about funky intonation on my EEb, and since then I used a tuner more closely and am using a couple of alternate fingerings. My intonation on the smaller horn is much better now. Strangely, I don't have many pitch issues on the big horn. I just think you could shape the phrases better, and use more dynamic contrast. You can slow down and speed up, but it must be clear to the listener. If it isn't clear, it sounds like inconsistent pulse. Clear pulse is very important for this type of stuff. Sometimes when I get lazy, my pulse is not accurate, and the teachers will notice. So you must always subdivide, and when you slow down or speed up, make it a consistent gradual slowing down or speeding up.

Like the others have said, you have a lot of balls to put this up.
Maybe this will encourage me to put up a sound file or two of myself, but I need to get a mini-disc player and figure out how to do all of this techno-computer stuff first.

Anyway, good job overall.
Maybe TUBENET can bust me if I can get a sound file of me in the future.

This is actually good for you and us.
I get critique in brass rep class.
Good stuff.

Follow Ups: