Re: A thief

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tom Mason on May 07, 2003 at 15:20:57:

In Reply to: A thief posted by Detective Bergson on May 07, 2003 at 08:19:00:

After doing some research, I too have found that this is a legitimate investigation by a legitimate law enforcement officer and agency. Knowing that the suspect has confessed has also abated some doubts. Please take this request for the return of property seriously. We all would like to have property returned, and we have aided in efforts in this same type before. (I hope the D.C. tuba player still has his tuba).

I have been in law enforcement for 12 years myself, as well as 15 years in music education and performance. If anyone form the Arkansas, Tennessee, Mississippi area has bought any of these pieces described, please return them to the department listed as instructed.

Also, be prepared to document what you spent and in what form the payment was made. As I am sure that most of you are aware, interstate sales of stolen property and sales of property over a certain value will make a difference.

I will also offer to help anyone in the geographical area that I mentioned return merchandise to the detective and his agency. Under all circumstances, please follow the instructions of the agency, and make copies of your paperwork (checks, money orders, shipping notes, ect...)

Tom Mason

Follow Ups: