Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A thief

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Doc on May 08, 2003 at 06:49:28:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: A thief posted by Doug on May 07, 2003 at 18:13:47:

We're not talking about dumb mistakes here, we're talking about felonies. There is a difference. If you had your instruments stolen by this "overall nice guy" I don't think you would be so quick to want to help him out. Everyone has choices, including Anthony. Any reasonable person should know what he did was wrong, and that there are consequnces. Anthony made the wrong choice, but it was a seriously poor choice. That's the kind of choice that just doesn't hurt him, but lots of others as well. I personally know criminals that could charm the shoes right off of you - THAT'S WHY THERE GOOD AT WHAT THEY DO. I think I can speak with some authority on the matter because, at my daytime job, I've been putting dirtbags like this "overall nice guy" in jail for the last ten years. Most of them wouldn't hurt a flea, and are quite pleasant to speak with, but they would take everything you've got, given the chance. Let's not lose sight of what happened: Anthony committed crimes against innocent people and he needs to be punished accordingly. No one, including victims and judges, really care how nice he is or if he had a troubled childhood (that's no excuse either). If he really was a nice guy, he would not be in jail right now. Being an overall nice guy does not exempt one from obeying the law or provide exemption from its full enforcement. Everyone should do evertyhing they can to help THE VICTIMS in this situation, not the criminal. The system gives the criminal more advantages than the victim will ever have (4th, 5th, and 14th amendments). There should be justice here, swift and severe. I think if someone wants to help Anthony, they should pray for that he gets right with God and keeps it that way. We are instructed to forgive, and I try to be forgiving, but we are also instructed to have justice (check THE instruction manual). I can find it in my heart to forgive Anthony, but I have no sympathy for his self-made plight. He made his bed, now he has to lie in it. I just hope the victims receive the justice/recompense they deserve.
Doc

Follow Ups: